Sunday 2 October 2011

What Media Do I Use?

The Media I use most would be my mobile phone, camera, Ipod and my social networking sites.
My phone is a vital part of my daily life because it is the main tool I use to contact people. Today in Britain, it is estimated that 85% of the population own a mobile phone. This means that there is over 40 million people who own a mobile in this country.  In countries less developed than England, mobile phone usage is still rising. In Africa now 30% have a mobile phone compared to the 2% in 2000. The high demand for mobile phones has changed the world. People can now be contacted all hours of the day and are always being exposed to the media. The mobile I have is a blackberry. Many phones ,just like the blackberry, now allow people to have access to the Internet through their phones. By having built in Internet, it means people can now check and update their social networking sites throughout the whole day.

My phone came with a built in application for Facebook, Twitter and My space. The social networking site I use the most would be Facebook. Facebook allows me to share photos, status updates and videos with all my friends. These social media sites mean I can now not only contact people from my country easily, but also from all around the world. I have found this personally useful because of all the different friends I have in different countries. I have lived in Spain, Japan, California, New York and now England. Having such a convenient tool like Facbeoook always access able, makes keeping in contact with my friends very easy. Social networking sites are not only useful for communication between friends but also with the world. Today news can travel so fast and that is due to social media. Now everyone can spread news faster and be more involved in what is happening in the world. Social networking sites connect people and make the world a smaller place. They are an important part of my life because it allows me to keep in contact easily with people all around the world.

Technology has come so far and that shows with the new ipods and cameras that are being released today.  Both my ipod and camera are media that I use frequently. My camera is a Sony A390 and has 14.2 mega pixels. My camera comes with a 200mm lens which allows me to zoom into a building closely if I'm looking from a skyline. The development of cameras has come so far and below are two pictures comparing a 19th century camera to a 21st century camera.











The Ipod I have now is alot more advance than the Walkman I had 10 years ago. I have the Ipod Nano 5th Generation, which not only plays music, movies, tv shows and games, but also records video. This is a useful tool to have on an Ipod because it makes recording videos convenient. Most people will always have their Ipods on them, so having a camera built in your ipod means you can record video if you are out, without carrying a chunky video recorder around.

All these media tools have changed my lifestyle and are a major part in my everyday life.